Doha Exhibition Centre (DECC) and Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) have signed a partnership, to continue to promote Qatar as a hub for business events and further contribute to strengthening the Qatari Vision of 2030. The Partnership is an important milestone for the State of Qatar, as the two largest companies that manage and operate Exhibition and Convention centers (DECC & QNCC).
The two venues are looking beyond 2022 to build on events, conferences, live shows and exhibitions to develop the industry within Qatar. The two companies will strategically focus on not only local but international audiences. In line with this offering common knowledge and training of staff to create best Industry practices and implementing future governed safety regulations within the Exhibition industry in Qatar.
The venues alongside Qatar Tourism will visit a number of road shows and industry exhibitions to promote Doha internationally amongst key decision makers.
Mohammed Al Naimi, Chief Executive Officer of AMLAK Holding and management company of QNCC stated: “QNCC is one of Qatar Foundation’s iconic facilities that is designed to represent the culture and innovations of the state of Qatar. Since my new role at Amlak we have adopted a new strategy for QNCC to develop partnerships with National and International sectors. Our main focus is to create new initiatives and events to help drive the vision of 2030. We are excited to work alongside DECC to support this strategy in making incremental improvements that can help the industry develop over the next decade as we aim to drive more exhibitions and live shows to Qatar.”
Ahmed Alobaidli, Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Business Events Corporation stated:
“The focus of QNV 2030 is for Qatar to become an advanced society capable of sustainable development and to provide high living standards for Qatari citizens. QNV 2030 has led to investments in infrastructure, cultural, medical and hospitality sectors, making Qatar’s proposition even stronger for international event organizers. We here at DECC reflect this through commitment towards interacting and forming global partnerships in order to have exhibitions and events that help connect cultures, people and commerce. The business events industry is a key priority in the National Strategy. We believe that this partnership with QNCC is a great milestone that will really help in developing the industry within Qatar by building on events, conferences and exhibitions.”
About Qatar National Convention Centre
Qatar National Convention Centre QNCC was officially opened in 2011. It was the first of its kind being built to the gold certification standard of the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED). Designed by Arata Isozaki in partnership with RHWL Architects, the building is designed to operate efficiently with innovations such as water conservation and energy-efficient fixtures, and it is approximately 32 percent more efficient compared with a similarly designed building that lack such innovations. QNCC offers fully flexible and adaptable space options to suit a wide variety of conferences, meetings, exhibitions, performances, concerts and gala events.
The facilities include:
· Total venue area of 200,000m².
· 40,000m² of indoor and outdoor column free exhibition space with complete pit and trench services system and modular mobile rigging grids
· 2 multi-purpose halls which can be used for exhibition, conference or banquet setups
· Conference Hall for 3,800 delegates
· 2,300-seat lyric style Theatre
· 3 tiered Auditoria that can accommodate 295, 407 and 474 guests respectively
· 52 meeting rooms ranging from 20 to 150 seats capacity
· 6 VIP lounges and 7 hospitality suites.
· Spacious pre-function and exhibition foyers
· Dedicated registration desks, Business Centre and media rooms
About Doha Exhibition Centre
Set amid the bustling West Bay district, the DECC is a high-end venue, offering versatile and multipurpose space for your event. It was designed by globally acclaimed and award-winning architect Helmut Jahn, who’s known for his postmodern steel-and-glass structures. The venue is flooded with daylight from 330 sun wells, reducing carbon footprint and making an impactful and inspiring event’s space limited only by one’s imagination. DECC is also implementing a project to use the TSE (Treated Sewage Effluent) water instead of drinking water in DECC’s district cooling plant to save more than 30,000 M3 of drinking water every year. Architecturally distinct, DECC offers a contemporary and iconic home for your event.
· Arranged over 47,700m2, DECC offers a versatile pillar-free event space of 29,035m2, which can be divided into five halls ranging between 5,368m2 to 7,160m2.
· At 18m high, DECC has the highest exhibition hall in the Gulf.
· Each hall has a dedicated registration counter and a loading bay. In addition, key utilities are built into the flooring, meaning easy, efficient and clean access.
· To cater to the leisure and business needs of the visitors and guests, the venue is complemented with a 9,000m2 concourse/foyer area, offering a range of amenities e.g., food and beverage outlets.
· 4 Meeting Suites offering a total of 18 state of the art rooms, DECC provides the ideal space of any types of meetings.
· The flexibility and variety of configurations allow to accommodate up to 200 participants.
· To cater your VIP guests, DECC provides a luxurious, fully equipped and furnished VVIP Suite and Majlis.
· The venue is accessible through a car park with capacity for 2,800 vehicles and serviced by a non-stop taxi bay as well as a metro station.
· DECC’s Phase 2 will include an additional 57,000 sqm area incorporated to the existing site. The area will also include 3,000 square meters of designated outdoor exhibition/event space, recreational parks, paddle courts, activity areas and will be served with an underground parking.
For Further information please contact
Director of Sales & Marketing